With 5G at the horizon, the Indian telecom operators are looking to prepare themselves to tap newer business opportunities by becoming digital service providers rather than being just providers of dumb pipes. Embracing innovation to enable technology transformation is no more a second thought for telcos, as they must deliver faster, smarter and on-demand services with high resilience and security.
Telcos are increasingly embracing open cloud architecture as a part of their cloud-native approach to step up transformation as next-generation service operators. From OpenRAN to virtualisation with the help of NFV and SDN and other transformative technologies like data analytics, AI and ML, telecom operators globally and in India are looking to be future-ready to reap the benefits of 5G and to unlock the vast potential.
It is high time for telecom operators to closely collaborate with technology and IT infrastructure providers to redefine strategies, create new revenue streams and stay competitive in the market driven by cloud computing, the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence and blockchain. Telcos need to rewire themselves to work in agile ways and make data-driven decisions to keep up with customers’ increasing demands.
The second edition of Digital Telco Virtual Summit, organised by ETTelecom.com, will bring top executives from telecom carriers, technology & infrastructure providers, and regulatory & government officials together to deliberate potential strategies and bottlenecks in India's digital transformation.
In this two-day summit, Day 1 will discuss challenges & opportunities in the telecom sector and Day 2 will have an executive training program.
Day One - Summit
- Enabling Policy Roadmap for the Sectoral Health
- 5G and Digital Network Technologies: From Trials to Commercialization
Day Two - Masterclass
- 5G: Evolution and Potential
- Business with 5G Use cases
- 5G: Global Operator experiences
- Navigating the 5G launch dilemmas
- 5G: The rise of ancillary technologies
Who Should Attend
- Policy Makers
- Telecom Service Providers
- 5G Infrastructure Providers
- System Integrators
- Broadband Service Providers
- Regulators & Researchers
- Telecom Equipment & Infrastructure Vendors
- IoT Players
- Cloud Players
- PSU Officials
- 5G Network Equipment Manufacturers
- Network Service Providers
- Technology Solutions Providers
5G technology is expected to bring huge disruption in wireless services and the way humans and machines will communicate with each other from our living rooms and across industries. Delivering ultra-low latency blazing high speed connectivity to multimedia and data services, this new technology will create new cross-industry and consumer applications that will, according to the pundits, transform the world.
However, Telcos are becoming more rational in discussing what 5G can and cannot do. Questions are still unanswered about 5G benefits and its monetisation model beyond the delivery of more bandwidth and lower latency. Telcos are also realizing that 5G is not a single silver bullet but could be a series planned network upgrades backboned on 4G and broadband infrastructure. Some are even raising the question of whether we need 5G yet simply because the projected infrastructure costs are giving Telco execs sleepless nights.
What will you learn
- Participants will understand the technical foundations and applications of 5G technology.
- Operators will learn how leverage 5G for fast rollout with profitable use cases using micro marketing
- Health professionals will appreciate how 5G enables precision medicine as Auto manufacturers gear up for self driving cars.
- Govt personnel will learn how 5G will accelerate their Smart City initiative with massive IoT
- Finance professionals will understand the essentials of the 5G business case modelling and ensure ROI
- Regulators will appreciate the impact of 5G on digital economy and the need to avail Spectrum quickly
- Manufacturing managers will learn how 5G Robotics will change the industry paradigm
- Software developers will get insights into how new VR/AR applications unlock the space age economy powered by 5G
Participants will also get an opportunity to share their perspectives on how 5G will transform lives in India.
How to Attend
The experience of an in-person event with the flexibility of location independence!
The virtual event will imitate a traditional in-person event with opportunities to interact with speakers and other attendees in a virtual environment on the web, rather than meeting in a physical location.
1. RegisterSign-up with your official
2. LoginLook for our update emails and use the provided credential on the virtual event day
3. AttendGet access to the virtual event: Presentations, Panel Discussions, Networking Areas, and a lot more
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where will the event be held?
This is an online event. You do not have to travel to any specific location. You can participate from your convenient location. The virtual event is accessible from computer, mobile and tablet devices.
Do I need to download or install any software to be able to attend this virtual event?
你不需要下载或安装任何软件e to attend. It’s web-based, so all you will need is a computer / mobile / tablet device and an internet connection.
How do I log-in on the day of the virtual event?
Your login details will be emailed to you ahead of the event. You can use those details to access the online event.
Will I be able to take away any documents or files from the virtual event?
Yes. Like any physical event, we will have a Cart for you! You can add all of the documents available to the online Cart in your account and then email them to yourself by simply entering your email.
Can I invite my colleagues and friends to attend the virtual event?
Absolutely. We are counting on you to invite others! Help us spread the word. You can simply share the link to this page, and they can register at their convenience.
Why Attend Virtually
- Network and connect across geographies, Save on Time & Cost to Travel
- Chat with peers through the integrated chat rooms on topics of common interest
- Interact with panelists from across the globe
- Download brochures and other exhibit materials
- Replay on demand sessions at your convenience
- Connect with your target audience from anywhere in the world
- Full event analytics and event data help to measure event ROI
- Interactive branding opportunities throughout the virtual portal
- Scale-up your reach with attendees joining across geographies
- Real-time audience interactions with polls and surveys
- Connect over one-on-one chat with your Target Audience
- Station a company representative to offer solutions to queries
- Customise your exhibition stalls and get more interaction from attendees
- Trackable data for all the interactions
- Share your Portfolio, Case Studies and Testimonials with visitors
For any issues requiring immediate escalation, please write firstname.lastname@example.org- Md. Shahbaz Khan,
Head of Special Initiatives & Business Strategy, The Economic Times Business Verticals.